Sunday, December 11, 2011

12/11/11 Fender Bender/ Plans

Okay one of this week's plans was to hammer out that fender and get it back on the car,

So its time to get
Hammered.

bad joke.


The fender was all bent and rubbing against the tire so last week I took it off, and for a couple hours THIS week I clamped it down and basically beat it to death

After much brute force and ignorance, the final product looks like this

Needless to say, I am quite impressed with myself.


I have learned that taking stuff off is easy; remembering how it all goes back together is much more of a challenge, as my bruised knuckles tell me.


But the fender's back on, and that's all that matters.


I've posted a lot of pictures of the outside, and not many of the inside,


So I've decided to change this, As I'm sure you guys are dying to know what it looks like.


[Roll cage/ Cameras mount/ Race Seat]


Cage will need updates for the coming season, but other than that, it's good to go.




Next on the list is buying a Quick-Detachable steering wheel, it's fine for everyday driving, but firstly, is ugly, and secondly my knee will probably hit into it when I'm going for the clutch in a racing atmosphere.


The Plan

1.) Prep the motor for being pulled, and prep the spare engine for being put in. I have a spare intake and exhaust manifold and a new header for it, along with all the other spare parts that came with the Neon.


 Yes, so I am pretty sure I'll have enough spare parts for anything I'll need.

2.) Buying and installing the new steering wheel

Next posts later this week!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment